HIGH COURT OF KARNATAKA
DATED: 14TH OCTOBER 2005.
In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 28 of theRight to Information Act, 2005,the High Court of Karnataka makes the following rules, namely:
1. Short, Title and commencement:-
(a) These rules may be called the Right to Information (Regulation of Fee and Cost) Rules, 2005.
(b) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in Official Gazette.
2. Definitions:- In the rules, unless the context otherwise requires:-
"Act" means – Right to Information Act
"Section" means – Sections of the Act
All other words and expressions used herein but not defined and defined in the Act shall have the meaning assigned in the Act.
3. A request for obtaining information under sub-section (1) of the Section 6 shall be accompanied by an application fee of Rs.10/- (Ten) by way of cash against a proper receipt payable in the name of Registrar General.
4. For providing the information under sub-section (1) of Section 7, the fee shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt payable to Registrar General at the following rates:-
(a) Rs.3/- for each page (in A4 or A3 size paper) created or copied;
(b) Actual charge or cost price of a copy in larger size paper;
(c) Actual cost or price for samples or models; and
(d) For inspection of records no fee for the first hour and a fee of Rs.5 for each fifteen minutes (for fraction thereof); thereafter
5. For providing the information under sub-section (5) of Section 7 the fee shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt payable to the Registrar General at the following rates:-
(a) For information provided in a diskette or floppy Rs.50/- per diskette or floppy; and
(b) For information provided in printed form at the price fixed for such publication or Rs.2/- per page of photocopy for extracts from the publication.
6. Any application not containing the particulars required shall not be admitted by the State Public Information Officers, the Assistant Public Information Officers and the First Appellate Authorities. If the application is complete the State Public Information Officers, the Assistant Public Information Officers shall enter it in the register of applications.
7. The information furnished shall be certified by the State Public Information Officers, the Assistant Public Information Officers and the First Appellate Authorities with the following particulars:-
(a) Application for information filed on
(b) Prescribed application fee paid
(c) Applicant required to appear on
(d) Applicant appeared on
(e) Information ready on
(f) Information delivered on
(g) Information given on
8. If the applicant requests that the information be sent by post and pays the requisite postal charges in cash payable in the name of Registrar General, the information shall be sent by registered post in return of acknowledgement and the date of dispatch shall be entered in the dispatch register.
By order of the Chief Justice
HIGH COURT OF KARNATAKA
DATED: 08TH DECEMBER 2005.
In exercise of the powers conferred under section 4(b) of theRight to Information Act, 2005,(Central Act No.22 of 2005), the detailed information relating to the High Court of Karnataka is published as hereunder, for the information of general public:
Particulars of its Organisation, functions and duties
Organisation : High Court of Karnataka
Functions & Duties : Administration of Justice,Sub-ordinate Courts Administration and other Administrations
Powers and duties of its officers and employees Details are as at Annexure1 Procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability Caseworker will open a file on receipt of proposal or process the proposal in the existing file. The Section Officer will scrutinise the proposal and place it before the Assistant Registrar. Assistant Registrar / Deputy Registrar will review the proposal in light of the existing proviso of Rules, submit to the Registrars. The Registrars will decide the course of action to be taken on a proposal under the delegated powers and if necessary will submit the file to Hon'ble Judges or Hon'ble Chief Justice for final orders. Norms set by it for the discharge of its functions Depending on urgency proposal will be finalised on priority Rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records, held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions Details are as at Annexure2 Statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control Case files and relevant Registers Particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with, or representation by, the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof Public Relation Officer will give information Statement of the boards, councils, committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice and as to whether meetings of those boards, councils, committees and other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public
No such statutory Committee
No question of giving information to the public
Directory of its officers and employees Directory of officers and employees is in the High Court establishment. In view of the frequent changes of residential address of employees, the High Court Establishment be requested to note the changes. Monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations There will be change in monthly pay of one or other officials/officers every month in view of Annual increment. Every month the Section Officer, Accounts Branch will generate payslips of all employees which contain gross pay, deductions and net pay etc., and form a book or a register kept in Accounts Branch-I Budget allocated to each of its agency, indicating the particulars of all plans, proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made Allotment of the budget to the High Court is under non-plan scheme Manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes No such programmes Particulars of recipients of concessions, permits or authorizations granted by it No such programmes Details in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form Detailed history of cases filed from the date of its filing till its disposal will process through computers
Pay particulars of all the employee of the High Court.
Issue of certified copies by scanning and storing in the Judgement through high powered scanner
Particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public use
Library is accessible only to the Hon'ble Judges and Advocates
Timings:- 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
Names, designations and other particulars of the Public Information Officers
Shri Hussain Sharieff,
Deputy Registrar & State Public Information Officer,
High Court of Karnataka, Bengaluru
Office : 080-22954796
Other information as may be prescribed Nil
By order of the Chief Justice
The Compiler, Karnataka Gazette, for publication in the next issue of the Gazette.
Copy submitted to the Hon’ble Chief Justice and Hon’ble Judges, for kind information
- The Secretary to Hon’ble the Chief Justice.
- The Registrar (Vigilance)
- The Registrar (Judicial)
- The Registrar (Administration)
- Chief Secretary to the Government of Karnataka (for information)
- All Group ‘A’ Officers
- ll Section Officers and Section Officers Incharge of the various Branches with a request to circulate the same among the officials working under their control.
- Notification file.
- Office copy
The powers and duties of the Officers and employees of the High Court of Karnataka
To keep the office neat and tidy
To deliver the files/ tappals to other sections
In charge of the typing work in the Section
Second Division Assistant
In charge of the work of diarising and organizing, movements, distribution of receipts/ files in the Section
(Senior Assistant / First Division Assistant)
To attend to the job of case working as per the duties cast on them
Stenographer/ Judgement Writers/Sr. Judgement Writers/
In charge of receipt of tappals/files by the Hon'ble Judges /Section Officer, Typing and Stenography work entrusted by the Hon'ble Judges
Court Officers/ Asst. Court Officers
To arrange the case files according to cause list, to note the stage of the case according to court proceedings and to keep all the Law books that are received for the conduct of the proceedings
In charge of the whole Section
Scrutiny of files submitted by the case worker as per the procedure prescribed.
Branch Officer in charge of the one or more Sections
Scrutiny of files submitted by the Section Officer signing of letters on behalf of the High Court
In charge of the 5 - 6 Section. Report to the Registrars on important matters.
Heads of the organization Acts, in their capacity as Head of the Departments upon the advice/directions of the Hon'ble Chief Justice and Hon'ble Judges.
The rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records, held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions:
- High Court Rules and Manual
- The Karnataka Civil Services (Regulation of Promotion, Pay and Pension) Act 1993 Rules.
- The Karnataka State Services (Determination of Age) Act, 1974.
(c) Instructions, Manuals and others
- Karnataka High Court General Recruitment Rules 1973.
- Karnataka High Court General Recruitment Rules 1984.
- Karnataka High Court General Recruitment Rules 1985.
- The Karnataka Civil Services Rules.
- K.C.S (CC & A Rules 1957).
- The Karnataka Civil Services (Probation) Rules, 1977.
- The Karnataka Civil Services (Conduct Rules) Rules 1966.
- The Karnataka Civil Services (Regulation of Promotion, Pay & Pension) Rules 1978.
- The Karnataka Civil Services (Medical Attendance) Rules 1963.
- The Karnataka Civil Services (Performance Reports) Rules, 1994.
- The Karnataka Financial Code.
- The Karnataka Treasury Code
- The Manual of Contingent Expenditure.
- The Departmental Promotion Committees.
- The Criminal Procedure Code.
- The Civil Procedure Code.
- Reservation for Ex-servicemen.
- Reservation roster for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and other Backward Classes.
A statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control:
Following documents of Group-B Officers and Group-C & D Officials:
- Service Registers.
- Annual Performance Reports
- Assets & Liabilities statement